Saturday, October 4, 2008

Josh did it!!!!!





It was a big day for Josh. He completed his first marathon. He woke up at 4:00am this morning to catch a bus that took him to the start line. I was able to watch him when he was at mile 17. He was still going strong and looked great. I didn't see him again until he crossed the finish line. He had to run in 50 degree weather and rain the entire time. This was a drastic change from the 90 degree weather we've been having. Josh was able to finish the race with a friend of ours Brennon who you can see with Josh in one of the pictures. They were both having a lot of foot/leg pain at the end of the race so they kept eachother going. None of the pictures really captured Josh running but there were so many people with umbrellas blocking my view and very little time. I wish everyone could have been here to see him. He did great and I am very proud.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You guys are crazy, I’m reading about you two running marathons and half-marathons and I’ve been listening to the dryer beep for the last ½ hour cause I’m too lazy to get up and turn it off. Anyway rest up and we’ll see you in December!! ( :